Monday, July 28, 2008

Working With Photos

Today I purchased and set up this new photo scanner which I purchased from Staples. It is an Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner. It came with scanner software bundled with Adobe Photo Shop Elements.

Why, oh why, am I getting involved with this? It is something that seems to be growing bigger by the day. It started as a simple desire to copy and repair some of the old family photos so that they could be preserved in either a book or scrapbook form.

I quickly found out that my regular all-in-one HP printer/scanner/copier just wasn't up to the task. Don't get me wrong... I use the dickens out of that piece of equipment. I just found that a dedicated photo scanner would produce a higher quality and do more for the photos.

I'm now at square one learning how to use Adobe Photo Shop Elements. I've messed around before with 'Paint', but this is a much bigger program, and it is going to take some doing on my part to develop some self taught skills.

While I may be a tad in awe of this whole undertaking that I've managed to commit myself to doing, I do think it will be fun. I'm going to be using lots of problem solving skills and exercising my brain but good!

I've spent a good portion of the afternoon just messing around with Photo Shop and reading what I can in the instruction portion of the software. I long for the good old days of a nice written manual that you can hold in your hands and take with you to study. Somehow, I just don't want to run off the fifty some pages on my printer.

I'm going to have to do some serious organizing in my head about how to scan and organize the pictures in the computer so I can find them easily. There will be a lot of pictures.

I've about had it for today, so will try to clear the cobwebs out of my brain and come back for another round tomorrow.

No comments: