Sunday, July 20, 2008

For A Gift Card

Last night I needed to get busy and make a card to use today. I'm headed to a bridal shower this afternoon. I can't believe that I waited until the last minute to start on a card, but I did. I've got to stop that!

I rummaged through my stamps and decided on a stamp from SU's Sassy Stems. I used my Creative Memories cutting system to cut out the oval.

The inks and papers are from SU's Soft Subtle collection. The saying is from SU's 'So Many Sayings' stamps. I punched the saying with SU's Word Windows punch.

With texture from Cuttlebug's polka dot folder and some ribbon that I picked up at Hobby Lobby on 1/2 price sale (LOVE those sales!) I finished the outside of the card.

I must say that I was happy that I-Needa had tried to tell me about making a bow on cards. I'd listened to her last week talking about making bows. I'm a visual, and following it was a bit difficult. However, I'd gotten the idea that you take a nice length of ribbon, cut it in the middle, then put it on and tie it. I used narrow double sided sticky tape to secure the ribbon in place from the edges to the middle. Then I took the ribbon, which has a fine wire on the edges, and simply looped it once and gave it a little twist. I'm thinking that with ribbon with regular edges, I'd have to loop it again. I'm going to have to practice this bow making.

I'd purchased a gift card and needed something to dress it up. I decided to write a little poem about using the gift card, so included it on the inside. I printed it on my printer and cut it to size to fit inside the holder I'd made. (If you want to read the poem, you can click on the picture and enlarge it)

I'd taken the pink sheet and punched the corners with a corner punch from EK Success.

I added a pocket on the left to hold the gift card.

No comments: