Thursday, July 31, 2008

Taking the Red Out

I've torn myself away from playing with layers, and I've started trying to recover some of the old photos. The top photo is one taken of Right Back many many years ago. His grandmother had this photo in an album that wasn't photo safe. There may have been other factors as well that caused the picture to take on a reddish cast. I will admit that the house was a pale pink, but not that pink.



I'd scanned this top photo some time ago with my HP all-in-one. I think it did a pretty good job of scanning, but there wasn't any way for me to really fix the color problem.


I retrieved the original photo from its resting place and scanned it again with the Epson photo scanner.

I clicked on customize when the window popped up, and I clicked for it to adjust color.

I then opened it in Photo Shop Elements and did another automatic color adjustment.

I'm thinking that the second photo would be far nicer in an album, and I feel I have that precious moment back again.

I'm seeing all kinds of possibilities here!

No comments: