Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playing With Photo Shop Elements

I've certainly strayed from card making lately, but I just may have found what I want to do when I grow up. I want to play with graphics!!! Oh, wait! I am grown up, and I am playing with this new toy. I just LOVE learning new things.

Last night I decided that I'd best get into the tutorials that come in Adobe Photo Shop Elements. It certainly beats trying to figure everything out by myself.

I've always wondered how people took photographs and changed their content moving things from one picture to another. After the tutorial.... I knew! It is about making layers.

This photograph was taken in I-Needa's yard close to her front door. I opened that in Photo Shop Elements and used it as a background layer. Not long ago, I-Needa decided to take up painting. Her first project was a mushroom. Her second was this frog. She had sent me photos of each of these items separately.

I opened the mushroom (brought it into Elements) and pulled it on top of the yard photo. Then I erased the background from the mushroom picture with a background eraser. I then had the mushroom showing in her yard. I used a move tool to position the mushroom, and a sizing tool to get it the size I wanted.

I then opened the frog picture into Elements and pulled it on top of the yard photo. Then I erased the background with a little background eraser. Again, using the move and sizing tools, I worked until I was satisfied with the look. Then I used a flatten image command followed by saving the photo.

No! I am not ready yet to take pictures and try to teach Photo Shop Elements. I'm a very very beginner. I have to tell you.... this is fun... way fun... totally cool... I see new things on the horizon.

No comments: