Saturday, December 13, 2008

My House Repair Album

Since my entire October was taken up with the great saga of my home repair, I decided that I must get it into a book for sharing. The home fixing up thing took over my life. It really did.

Thankfully, I did manage to find some humor in the whole event. I took pictures by the tons. My nice Master Carpenter Man grew accustomed to my snapping his picture. He just gave up and ignored me.

I purchased an 8 x 8 traditional album from Creative Memories in chocolate. I thought that nice rich brown would go well with all the pictures of Master Carpenter Man tearing up my house with saws and such. I used white pages and, of course, page protectors.

I started the album with a few pictures of Master Carpenter Man when he was working for my mother. I wanted it clear that I knew what I was getting into when I commissioned him to come make a mess in my house. I was fully aware that there would be issues of what I called 'Tim Droppings'.

I used some paper that I had purchased previously from CM and decorated the page. I even cut a few circles with the circle shape maker and think it adds a bit of interest in the border... almost like pegs in wood.


I printed my own photos for this book, so sized them smaller and also used an editing program to add some comments directly on the picture. When I thought about doing this, I have to admit that I was rather pleased with myself.

Again, I went for the simple look in decorating the pages. A bit of colored cardstock cut in triangles to give a little accent.




I even followed Master Carpenter Man into the attic and managed to bug him there. Like I said, he managed to ignore me most of the time.

I accented this page with some CM paper that I'd saved. Again, I used a triangle on one page and a random cut of paper on the other. I used some orange cardstock and cut holes with CM's Bubble shape maker. Lining the holes up so I could see them, I then used the large Square shape maker. I even saved the little dots left when I punched with the Bubble maker. Using CM's Precision Point Adhesive, I glued the little dots around the square. I rather like the look.

I've had a few friends visit since the dining and living room ceilings have been redone. I've kept this book on my coffee table in the living room. When friends look at it, they have been amazed at exactly how much work went into this whole fixing up process. They have chuckled and seem to have enjoyed looking at the pictures. I've given you just a sampling. There is more... much more.

I've enjoyed them too. I have plans to have Master Carpenter Man return to work on the kitchen. Each time I look at this album, I wonder about that. Oh, there will be more pictures and more pages added to my book.

No comments: