Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Card

My Stampin Up friend, Crafting Ida, rallied us for a get-together to make some new cards. I love it when she does that. She teaches us new techniques and moves us along to newer card crafting heights.



This is one of my favorites from our recent class.
The mistletoe is from SU's A Cardinal Christmas. Of course, I had to order that set as liked the mistletoe very much and will use it for many other things.



I do believe the mistletoe is stamped with 'Old Olive'. Ida kept us busy with the ornament as used embossing for the gold, then glue and glitter for the eye popping color.

I have to confess that as hard as we tried, I do believe we left glitter behind to be spread throughout the home of our lovely hostess. Kids of all ages... even ours... can be deadly with glitter. I'm glad it wasn't at my house. I also remember why I didn't use glitter for my art projects when still teaching fourth grade.

I realize that the public expects full details as to how to make items that are shown on blogs. I'm looking for the stamp set name for the ornament. I'm sure as soon as Ida sees this, she will be e-mailing me. I, of course, will amend my instructions to include that pertinent information. Tah Dah.

Crafting Ida taught us to make a bow. This I'm going to do in another post. I'll need to get out the camera and do a step at a time. It will make more sense. I just wonder why that secret was lost on me before now.

No comments: